This year’s Dog Paddle is fast approaching & we are in need of volunteers!
The Dog Paddle is being held on Saturday, September 8, 2012, from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (rain date: Sunday, September 9, 2012) at Woodland Aquatic Center.
As a volunteer, you will receive a free Dog Paddle t-shirt and paid admission for one dog. (However, we ask that you bring your dog before or after your volunteer time, unless you have someone that can watch your dog for you while you’re working.)
The volunteer shifts will be in approximately 2 hour increments, beginning a half hour before the event:
8:30 – 10:30
10:30 – 12:30
12:30 – 2:30 or 3:00
The jobs we need covered will range from:
1. Checking rabies tags for validation.
2. Sitting at a “waiver” table, where all participants must sign in before entering.
3. Applying zip ties to the collars of paid dogs before they enter.
4. Policing the EXIT gate, so there are no escapes!
5. Helping to monitor the pool area. (Watching mostly…possibly helping to keep people out of the pool.)
We have steadily had around 700 dogs participate throughout the day so your help is greatly appreciated! We couldn’t hold this event without all our volunteer help!
Please let me know which shift & job you’d prefer. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please agree to volunteer only if you’re positive you can be there…we count on our volunteers tremendously for this event!
Treasurer, Friends of the Dog Park, Inc.