The following are general rules that were agreed upon by the Dog Park Committee. This committee consisted of representatives from LFUCG Parks and Recreation, Parks Advisory Board and Friends of the Dog Park, Inc. September 27, 2000.
- Owners are legally responsible for the actions of their dog(s).
- Dog waste must be cleaned up by owners.
- “Off-leash” does not mean unsupervised – owners must be within the park and within view of their dog(s) at all times.
- Aggressive dogs must be leashed and removed immediately.
- Dog owners must have a leash available at all times.
- All children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Small children must be kept under strict supervision by an adult.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the dog park.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Owners must fill any holes dogs dig.
- All dogs must have proof of appropriate licensing and vaccinations.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted.
- ALL DOG OWNERS THAT FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES CAN BE ASKED TO LEAVE BY PARKS PERSONNEL OR LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.